- BA in English and history (double-major) with a creative writing minor from Oklahoma Baptist University, Shawnee, OK.
- MA in English with a primary emphasis in literature and a secondary emphasis in composition and rhetoric from Northeastern State University, Broken Arrow/Tahlequah, OK.
- PhD in English from Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK, with a primary focus on literature, in general, and on texts concerning warfare in literature, science-fiction, the environment, and fantasy, in particular.
- Journalism Certificate from the National Journalism Center, Washington, D.C.
- Two years of teaching, tutoring, and coaching experience at ILCA.
- 2 years of teaching and tutoring experience as an Assistant Professor of English and as an Academic Center for Excellence Coordinator, Lead Workshop Tutor, Moderator, and Presenter at Oklahoma Wesleyan University.
- 5 years of teaching and tutoring experience as a Graduate Teaching Associate of English and as a Writing Center Supervisor, Tutor, and Fellow at Oklahoma State University.
“For it is by Grace that you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God’s artisanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do” (Ephesians 2:8– 10).