Immanuel Crusaders Cross Country Schedule Fall 2023
Meet Coach Jim Gorrell - click HERE
Contact Coach Gorrell - email@example.com
Fall 2023 Schedule - Time/Location - tbd
|Saturday, September 26||Sequoyah HS||For details see Coach Jim Gorrell|
ILCA’s Cross Country Meet Information
* The first 3 HS Boys’ races are 2 miles; from the Foyil race until the end of the year, the HS Boys’ races are 5K races (3.125 miles).
** The Elementary races (i.e., which begin with the Sapulpa meet) are 1-mile (1600m) races.
*** HS Girls’ races and MS Boys’ and Girls’ races vary more often, spanning anywhere from 1-mile to 2-miles for MS runners and from 1-mile to a 5K for the HS Girls, respectively. Click on the provided links below to see more specific information pertaining to the racing distances of these meets.
**** HS: “High School”; MS: “Middle School”; ES: “Elementary School”
***** All races are subject to change; for example, sometimes schools who host meets will not permit schools like ILCA to compete, sadly. Additionally, meets that will require student-athletes to miss some class-time are subject to the approval of ILCA’s Headmaster, Mr. Rogers, and ILCA’s Athletic Director, Mr. Camp.
- Practice Times: tbd
- General Information: may change with current year
- ILCA's HS & MS CC team welcomes full- and part-time ILCA students; ILCA HS & MS students may join through August 31st.
- Cross-Country summer-training practices begin for HS student-athletes after July 4th festivities.
- ILCA's MS CC team begins practicing when ILCA's fall semester begins,
- All HS & MS student-athletes must participate in at least 3 full weeks of practices prior to competing at a Cross-Country meet.
- ILCA's ES CC team begins practicing after Labor Day; please contact our Athletic Director Steve Camp concerning ES Cross Country,(firstname.lastname@example.org).
- High School Boys run 2-mile races towards the beginning of the year; they run 5K (3.125 miles) races for the majority of the season that lasts from mid-August through mid-October.
- High School Girls run 1-mile and 1.5-mile races at the beginning of the year; they run 2-mile and 5K (3.125 miles) races for the last half of the season.
- Middle School Boys run 1-mile, 1.5-mile, and 2-mile races, with the shorter races occurring predominantly at the beginning of the season.
- Middle School Girls run 1-mile and 1.5-mile races for most of the year. However, they also compete in several 2-mile races during the middle and concluding periods of the season.
- Elementary School Runners often run 1-mile races.
- For MS and HS student-athletes who wish to participate in shorter races and/or on flat surfaces, consider joining ILCA's Indoor Track and/or Outdoor Track teams that compete in the winter and spring, respectively.
- Indoor Track occurs during January and February; Outdoor Track occurs from March through early May.
The Meet Memo is combined for the most recent race(s)...